Written By: Benjamin Goldman, Esq.

If you are reading this page, you are likely a New York State motorist that is suspended. The reason for the suspension is listed on your abstract as “PNG SUBMSN TO CRT-OS”. This is short for “Pending Submission to Court Out of State.” It means you got a ticket in another state and failed to answer the ticket with a Guilty plea or Not Guilty plea. In all likelihood, you got the out-of-state ticket many months ago, and perhaps years ago. The actual process to get you suspended in New York State goes through several steps. The out-of-state court that has jurisdiction over the ticket reports the failure to answer to their Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The out-of-state DMV then reports the failure to answer to the New York State DMV, which then suspends your license.

If your license is suspended for failing to respond to an out-of-state ticket, it is prudent that you deal with it as soon as possible. Driving while suspended is a criminal offense and you are subject to arrest if pulled over for any reason. The Benjamin Goldman Law Office is a New York State law firm and cannot help with a violation in another state. Either get in touch with the out-of-state court that ordered the suspension or get in touch with a local attorney where you got the ticket. Please note that it may take a while until your New York license is restored. The same way it took a while for New York to suspend you, it will similarly take a while to get unsuspended.

More Reading

Disclaimer: All the content of this website has been prepared by Benjamin Goldman Law Office PC for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The information on this website shall not be construed as an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create, nor shall the receipt of such information constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Our hope is that you will find the information useful and informative, and we would be happy to communicate with you and answer any questions you may have about our legal services. Readers should not act upon the information on this website, or decide not to act based upon the information on this website, without first seeking appropriate professional counsel from an attorney licensed in the home state of the drivers license of the person who received the relevant traffic citation.