Motion Coram Nobis

by Benjamin Goldman

Posted on 15 April, 2019 at 10:00 AM

Our firm gets the following phone call at least once a week: “I pled guilty to a ticket and now I regret it. Can anything be done”? There can be numerous reasons why one would want to change their mind from a guilty plea. You may get an astronomical bill from the court, you may get hit with a huge Driver Assessment Fee from New York State, or you may realize that your insurance went up significantly. More importantly multiple convictions may have resulted in suspension or revocation.

A Coram Nobis Motion is an old common law motion in New York State that can often be utilized to vacate a guilty plea, even if entered years prior. If the court grants the motion it means the conviction is vacated and there is no more guilty plea. At this point you get a chance to start all over again by entering a plea of not guilty and either negotiating with the prosecutor or taking the case to trial.

It is not a good idea to file the motion on your own unless you have extensive legal background. The motion must be filed on notice with proper service time. There are other various nuances as well. The Benjamin Goldman Law Office has significant experience with Coram Nobis motions. Feel free to get in touch with us for free consultation.

Get in touch
We'll get your points reduced or your money back guaranteed*

* We do not guarantee results. We merely guarantee a full refund.
* Money Back Guarantee never applies to any misdemeanor or felony charges.